Tuesday, August 31, 2010

THE GAMES BEGIN!!!

The siren sounded. The Games were on! The Cornicopia was full of tributes running, fighting, and grabbing packs. At the end of the day, the score stood thus:

If a person has an X in parentheses next to their name, it means that their virtual self has been killed and that they will no longer be competing in the Hunger Games. The knocked out tributes (known as KO tributes) will watch the rest of the Games with Sean Marcus, the commentator, and also give interviews and answer questions on their performance.
At the end of the Games, when the winners are announced, some of the KO tributes will win small awards, for things like "best male/female ally" or "most skilled with a bow and arrow".

-District 1:
Essa Edison (X)
Ian Martin (X)

-District 2:
Zyll Madoxx
Nick Kennedy

-District 3:
Meren Smithson (X)
Chris Walters (X)

-District 4:
Tessa Senderson
Torren Edison

-District 5:
Melanie Rodgers (X)
Ben Williams

-District 6:
Jessie Waters (X)
Spencer Harding (X)

-District 7:
Gabrielle Howard (X)
Mason Edwards (X)

-District 8:
Sapphire Harrison (X)
Tim Hendrix (X)

-District 9:
Leigha Jedson
Owen Knox

-District 10:
Cara Tomas (X)
Keaton Raymond

-District 11:
Iris Herbe
Andrew Goffear

-District 12:
Faye Adams
Cooper Lloyd (X)

-District 13:
Riley Anders
Blaze Hann

Tributes left: 14
KO Tributes: 10

3 comments:

  1. (Ah darn the person who likes Iris {me} is out.)

    I heard the gong and took off as fast as I could to the Cornucopia. Having the advantage of being sure-footed and really fast, I was one of the first people who got to the Cornucopia. I quickly scanned the place, and took a dark green backpack that was quite heavy, a silver bow and arrows, that I estimate to have 20 arrows at most, a belt that came with 7 knives, and night-vision glasses. When I turned around to run into the forest behind me, someone punched my gut, and I fell, only to get back up in a matter of seconds. I spotted him grabbing some stuff from the Cornucopia, and I threw a knife at him, and he dropped dead on impact. Then I looked to my right, to see someone watching me. I think his name was Torren, the boy from District 4. Suddenly his face contorted into something that was a mixture of pain, fright, and surprise. Blood splattered from his mouth and he dropped to the ground. Standing behind him was the small 12 year old boy from district 1, holding a knife. I fired an arrow at him, and pirced his heart, he fell right next to Torren. Then I started running to the woods, where I could conceal myself for a while, so I could get my bearings and think this all through. I was just arriving to the woods when an arrow pirced my shoulder. I cried out in pain but I kept running. Another arrow whizzed by my head, missing it by only an inch. I turned around to find cara Tomas, the girl from 10, chasing me with an armful of arrows. I grabbed out the longest knife in my belt, and threw it at her head; It went a little lower than I had thought, because it severed her head from her neck instead. I threw up and ran to her, trying not to look at any of her. I grabbed her arrows and stuck them into my sheath, but I let her bow stay with her. I grabbe my knife and ran back into the woods. It had been about an hour since I had entered the woods, but there was no other sign of tributes, so I soon stopped and picked a place to rest. I had climbed a huge thick tree that had an opening about 20 feet up, which was great because the opening provided a small, tree-bark-like cave that was empty. I sighed in relief and went inside. I put my weapons at one side of the little cave, and then I sat down in the other side and looked through the contents of my backpack. It had contained a sleeping bag, lots of food, two jugs of water, and some medicine. I took the arrow out of my skin and rubbed the medicine on it. Then I examined my other cuts. There was a long cut that extended down the side of my left thigh, I had two cuts on my left cheek, and a giant chunk of skin was missing from my right shoulder. They were all bleeding, of course, so I wrapped tournaqets around them, but I was safe, for the time being.
    ~Iris

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Thanks! Want me to re-put it in a post?)

    ReplyDelete